the water capsule.
water, fire, earth, nature, mineral. these are the 5 elements which have been celebrated in african culture for thousands of years and which continue to play a pivotal role in shaping our lives today. for our new release we focused the 2-product capsule and accompanying campaign on the element closest to our ceo's heart.
“for centuries african traditions have been intertwined with the elements of nature. whether it’s through spiritual rituals at the ocean, feasts or ceremonies around campfires, or long meditative walks taken in nature. it’s because of this that I have chosen to celebrate the elements that are so close to my heart and culture and felt it fitting to begin with the one closest to mine.” – amanda du-pont, ceo and founder of lelive.
the water capsule is now available to shop.
each product takes the element of water to new levels, augmenting its natural healing value with the inclusion of deep sea biotics, sea spaghetti, chlorophyll and marine algae, combined with native heroes like aloe, rose water and african malachite – continuing in our philosophy of mixing local ingredients with scientific plant-identical actives like niacinamide.
the first in a series of 'elemental capsules with a purpose'.
“the elemental rituals that malidoma patrice somé references in his work, “which shares the wisdom, technologies and practices of west africa”, was so inspiring and was something we all felt was so true to what lelive had been rooted in from the start – a love for africa and a respect for its land and traditions.” – nash mariah, cmo and co-founder of lelive.
we also understand that our elements are in danger and access to them, especially on our continent, remains limited. for that reason, we've pledged to donate 2% of all sales from the water capsule to the water project, who aim to provide aid in the form of access to clean, safe water in communities across sub-saharan africa.
- starring – amanda du-pont, masa diamond, kristin weixelbaumer, nondumiso beatti, oliver rosslee
- music – "isi-la-wu" by mntana.wexhwele
- creative direction – nash mariah
- production – dare content
- dop – oscar o'ryan
- dop assistant – marcel massen
- wardrobe + props – mandy nash
- wardrobe + props assistant – sibo mditswa
- hair and makeup – suaad jeppie
- photographer – michael oliver love
- campaign lighting assistant – alex birns
- campaign digital assistant – john marks
- post-production + sound design – nash mariah
- studio photographer – marnus meyer
- studio prop stylist – kalinka lombard