made by africa.
background to the campaign.
founded by amanda du-pont and created by a community on social media alongside expert formulators, our first campaign is a thank you letter to everyone that supported us on our journey to create this skincare range, as well as a celebration of what makes us, as africans, truly unique.
celebrating local, thinking global.
the entire range is produced in south africa, and uses 95% natural ingredients, focusing on those that are native to us, like aloe, shea, marula, and rooibos, to name a few.
we have combined our beloved local ingredients with powerful plant-identical actives garnering international acclaim like niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin c, to produce a unique range that's the best of both worlds.
community-built, from the start.
our journey began in 2020, when we started building our community on social media.
over a few months we quickly realised the need for skincare that breaks the mould in a lot of ways – and is clean, simple, effective and affordable.
since then, we have worked hard to to develop the entire range with our community, so it reflects exactly what they want.
- starring – amanda du-pont, terence (my friend ned), candace (my friend ned), jeremih (my friend ned), asiphe (topco), sumbo (topco), jeanelle
- production – dare content
- director – talya galasko
- creative direction – nash mariah
- dop – deon van zyl
- 1st ac – kent satram
- 2nd ac – tarryn baldwin
- dit – hannes benade
- gaffer – wiseman dinizulu
- bts – thalami mhaha
- art director – adi koen
- hair and makeup – suaad jeppie
- hair and makeup assistant – zenique gordon
- wardrobe stylist – mandy nash
- wardrobe assistant – sibo mditswa
- props assistant – danny
- props runner – junior
- photographer – michael oliver love
- lighting assistant – dewald bruwer
- digital assistant – tatyana levana
- post-production – strangelove
- sound design – pressure cooker
- script – buhle ngaba